The EC Provides another € 45 Million for Coronavirus-Related Research
The European Commission has announced that it is providing up to € 45 million for the development of new ways to detect and treat Covid-19 viruses. With the established cooperation with pharmaceutical manufacturers, a total of EUR 90 million is expected to be attracted, BTA reported.
EU Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth Mariya Gabriel welcomes the joint approach in seeking a way out of the global threat. According to her, the studies will increase the readiness for action in future such cases.
Since the beginning of the year, the EU has allocated over € 70 million to explore options to limit the spread of the virus. The EC adds that it is working closely with the World Health Organization to ensure a swift and coherent European response.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » GPs Will Issue Referrals for Free PCR Tests to Patients with Sure Covid-19 Symptoms
- » How to Avoid Depression during Covid-19 Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Vaccine against COVID-19 Will be Available by New Year
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 3568 New Cases, 88224 Active Cases
- » Putin Opens COVID-19 Drug Plant as Russia Reports Daily Record
- » European Commission Warns Member States against Lifting Anti-Epidemic Measures Too Soon