Minister of Energy Temenuzhka Petkova: Bulgaria is Integral Part of the Southern Gas Corridor
Our country is an integral part of the Southern Gas Corridor through the Greece-Bulgaria gas interconnector. The fourth gas corridor in Europe plays an important geostrategic role for the diversification of the gas supplies for Bulgaria and the region, this country’s Minister of Energy Temenuzhka Petkova said, reported by BNR.
At the meeting of the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council in Baku Minister Petkova pointed out that the Greece-Bulgaria interconnector is a key element in the construction of a vertical corridor for gas supplies to Romania and Hungary. Bulgaria will receive 1 billion cubic meters of Azeri gas per year from the Shah Deniz 2 gas field via the Bulgaria-Greece interconnector.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 80% of Bulgarians do not Know their Country’s Position on the "Green Deal"
- » Brussels will Support Bulgaria if it Decides to Complete Nuclear Power Plant “Belene”
- » Frans Timmermans: We will Ensure that the Transition in the Coal Regions is Done Fairly
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister: We Will Close the Coal Power Plants in 2038 at the Earliest
- » Protests of Miners and Workers in the Energy Sector Blocked the Center of Sofia
- » Serbia Expects "Cheapest Gas in Europe" Because of Bulgaria’s Former Prime Minister Borissov