Emma Hopkins: People who Wish to Work in the UK will Apply through a New System
The British ambassador specified that Bulgarians can travel to the Island for up to 6 months
The United Kingdom left the European Union (EU) on 31 January 2020. From 1 January 2021, a new migration policy will also be introduced after the free movement of persons is terminated. EU and non-EU nationals will be treated equally, it said.
The country intends to reduce overall migration levels and give top priority to those with the highest skills and greatest talents: scientists, engineers and other highly skilled workers.
Free movement will be replaced by a new point system for assessing migrants.
In this regard, Deputy Ambassador Lynn Charles of the British Embassy provided more information on the new immigration policy of the United Kingdom in a special video. In it, she explains who falls within the scope of the new immigration policy and which citizens are excluded.
Anyone arriving in the United Kingdom after 1 January 2021 to work or study will need to obtain a special permit based on the point system in question.
Bulgarians who are already living in the UK can apply for the Duty Scheme by 30 June 2021.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year