Code Yellow Warning for Strong Winds Issued for 24 Bulgarian Regions
A Code Yellow warning for strong winds has been issued for 24 Bulgarian regions on 27 February, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) said on its website.
The warning is in place for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Razgrad, Targovishte, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna, Burgas, Sliven, Yambol, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Stara Zagora, Plovdiv, Gabrovo, Lovech, Pazardzhik, Sofia and Sofia City. Average wind speed of 14-19 m/s expected, with gusts up to 24 m/s.
The NIMH is urging residents to beware of flying debris. Local disturbances of outdoor activities are possible.
A Code Yellow warning of high winds in the sea is in place in the regions of Dobrich, Varna and Burgas. The southwest winds are expected to turn northwest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 9: Sunny and Hot, Temperatures Up to 33 Degrees
- » Bulgaria: 3-Year-Old Bear Found Dead Near Velingrad
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 8: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures up to 29 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 7: Cloudy and Rainy Today