Code Yellow Warning for Strong Winds Issued for 24 Bulgarian Regions
A Code Yellow warning for strong winds has been issued for 24 Bulgarian regions on 27 February, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) said on its website.
The warning is in place for the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Razgrad, Targovishte, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna, Burgas, Sliven, Yambol, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Stara Zagora, Plovdiv, Gabrovo, Lovech, Pazardzhik, Sofia and Sofia City. Average wind speed of 14-19 m/s expected, with gusts up to 24 m/s.
The NIMH is urging residents to beware of flying debris. Local disturbances of outdoor activities are possible.
A Code Yellow warning of high winds in the sea is in place in the regions of Dobrich, Varna and Burgas. The southwest winds are expected to turn northwest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Code Orange Warning of Strong Winds and Rough Seas in Place for Burgas Region, Code Yellow for Varna and Dobrich
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny and Warm
- » Weather Forecast: Windy with Maximum Temperatures between 10C and 15C
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny
- » Code Yellow Warning for Hazardous Weather in 4 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Broken Clouds with Maximum Temperatures between 4C and 9C