Luxembourg Becomes the First Country in the World with Free Public Transport
Luxembourg becomes the first country in the world where public transport will be free of charge. The measure enters into force on March 1 and aims to encourage people to give up their cars. The use of buses, trams and trains will be free of charge.
The value of the revolutionary introduction is € 41 million a year and will be financed by taxes. 200,000 people from neighbouring countries come to work every day in Luxembourg. In 2013, Tallinn became the first European capital to introduce free public transport.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 7: Cloudy and Rainy Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Powerful Storm Flooded Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach