Luxembourg Becomes the First Country in the World with Free Public Transport
Luxembourg becomes the first country in the world where public transport will be free of charge. The measure enters into force on March 1 and aims to encourage people to give up their cars. The use of buses, trams and trains will be free of charge.
The value of the revolutionary introduction is € 41 million a year and will be financed by taxes. 200,000 people from neighbouring countries come to work every day in Luxembourg. In 2013, Tallinn became the first European capital to introduce free public transport.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Code Orange Warning of Strong Winds and Rough Seas in Place for Burgas Region, Code Yellow for Varna and Dobrich
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny and Warm
- » Weather Forecast: Windy with Maximum Temperatures between 10C and 15C
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny
- » Code Yellow Warning for Hazardous Weather in 4 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Broken Clouds with Maximum Temperatures between 4C and 9C