Germans - Greece's Largest Source of Tourism Revenue
The Germans continue to be Greece's largest source of revenue for tourism. This is according to data from the National Bank of Greece.
German tourist revenue, however, declined by 0.2% in 2019 compared to 2018, to nearly € 3 billion.
In contrast, revenues from British tourists increased significantly to 2.556 billion. This is 31.9% more than in 2018. Revenue from French tourists also recorded remarkable
growth of 14.5% year-on-year, reaching EUR 1.092 billion.
Tourists from outside the European Union also registered an increase of 14.2%. The Russians spent 27.3% more in 2019.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » In February, the Tourism in Bulgaria Wasn't Affected by the COVID-19 Crisis
- » 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- » The Grand Canyon National Park Closed because of the Coronavirus
- » 10,000 Bulgarians were in Italy Last Month
- » Ryanair has Grounded nearly all of its Planes until June
- » Turkish Airlines Suspend Flights