Germans - Greece's Largest Source of Tourism Revenue
The Germans continue to be Greece's largest source of revenue for tourism. This is according to data from the National Bank of Greece.
German tourist revenue, however, declined by 0.2% in 2019 compared to 2018, to nearly € 3 billion.
In contrast, revenues from British tourists increased significantly to 2.556 billion. This is 31.9% more than in 2018. Revenue from French tourists also recorded remarkable
growth of 14.5% year-on-year, reaching EUR 1.092 billion.
Tourists from outside the European Union also registered an increase of 14.2%. The Russians spent 27.3% more in 2019.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Aeroflot: No flights from Russia to Sofia and Bourgas Until the End of August
- » Greece Extends Requrements for a Negative PCR Test for Bulgarians
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister: Tour Operators and Travel Agents Will Be Supported With BGN 10 Million
- » Belgium: Passengers Arriving from Two Regions of Bulgaria with Mandatory Quarantine
- » First Underwater Archeological Museum Opened in Greece
- » Ban On the Landing of Airplanes From Bulgaria at Vienna Airport Has Been Lifted