The White House: The US Needs Funding to Fight the Coronavirus
The United States needs funding to fight the coronavirus, a White House spokesman said, without confirming reports that the administration was preparing to ask Congress to approve emergency funding, Reuters reported.
“We need some funding here to make sure that we … protect all Americans, that we keep us safe,” White House spokesman Hogan Gidley told Fox News Channel.
Asked how much money the White House may ask Congress to approve, Gidley said: “I don’t have an announcement on the specific amount yet, but we need to combat this.”
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced 14 confirmed cases of coronavirus infection in the country, separate from the 39 infected that were evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship and the Chinese city of Wuhan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 581 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia blamed the US for the Nord Stream Explosion
- » Trump has been accused of Fraud on his way to the Top
- » At least 100 Killed, 150 injured as Fire broke out at a Wedding in Iraq
- » Roberta Metsola on Bulgaria’s Schengen membership: Expect a Positive Decision
- » UN Head warned of the Start of a New Nuclear Arms Race, calling it "Complete Madness”
- » The Dead after the Explosion in a Fuel Warehouse in Nagorno-Karabakh are 125 people