Shortage of Medical Masks in Germany
Their demand has increased dramatically due to the coronavirus infection.
Surgical masks are depleted in Germany and pharmacies hardly receive new deliveries, BTA reported.
"There are significant delays and delivery difficulties," said the head of the German Wholesale Pharmaceutical Association.
"The demand for surgical masks has increased dramatically due to the coronavirus infection," said a spokesman for the Federal Union of German Associations of Pharmacists. However, their efficacy is limited. "They don't really help with daily protection," said a researcher at the German Institute for Infectious Diseases.
"In its battle against the COVID-19 virus outbreak, China has banned the export of surgical masks. That is causing bottlenecks elsewhere — now even Europe faces the prospect of a breakdown in supplies.", DW reported earlier.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir