Another Earthquake in Turkey
A magnitude 4.7 earthquake has occurred in western Turkey, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Center (EMSC).
The earthquakes were recorded at 2.43 local time and the epicenter was located 89 kilometers northeast of the large city of Izmir and 56 kilometers northeast of Manisa. The quake occurred at a depth of seven kilometers below the surface.
No information on casualties and destruction was received.
Earlier there was another strong 5.7 magnitude earthquake in the border zone between Iran and Turkey, according to information from the European Mediterranean Seismological Center. The earthquake in Iran has injured 75 people. In Turkey, authorities have reported nine dead and fifty injured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Code Orange Warning of Strong Winds and Rough Seas in Place for Burgas Region, Code Yellow for Varna and Dobrich
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny and Warm
- » Weather Forecast: Windy with Maximum Temperatures between 10C and 15C
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny
- » Code Yellow Warning for Hazardous Weather in 4 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Broken Clouds with Maximum Temperatures between 4C and 9C