43 Migrants were Found in a Truck in Northern Macedonia
43 migrants from Bangladesh have been found in a truck in Northeastern Macedonia, MIA reported.
The driver of the truck, a 29-year-old man, was arrested.
The truck was stopped for inspection on Saturday night at about 9.40 pm near a gas station after the police received a preliminary warning that it was possible a truck to transport migrants illegally.
The migrants were lodged at the Tabanovce Transit Center near Kumanovo and the driver was detained at the police station in the city for further investigations by the prosecutor's office, authorities said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol: Crime is Increasing Rapidly during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Detained with 10 kg of Heroin at Malko Tarnovo Border Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Citizen Arrested in Turkey for Drug Trafficking
- » Top 7 Most Stolen Cars in Bulgaria
- » 15 Tonnes of Marijuana were Seized in Mexico
- » Two Iranian Citizens Arrested for Attempting to Smuggle 687 kg of Heroin worth about BGN 62 Million