Bulgaria - One of the EU Countries with the Highest Shares of Total Revenue from Environmental Tax
In 2018, environmental tax revenue in the European Union (EU) totalled €324.6 billion, a 3% increase in nominal terms from the previous year and 49% higher than in 2002, Eurostat reported.
Energy taxes accounted for the largest share (77.7%) of the EU’s 2018 environmental tax revenue, followed by transport taxes (19.1%), and pollution and resource taxes (3.3%).
The contribution from environmental taxes to total government revenue from taxes and social contributions varied significantly across EU Member States in 2018, with the highest shares recorded in Latvia (10.9%), Bulgaria (9.8%), Greece (9.5%), Slovenia (9.4%) and Croatia (9.3%).
At the other end of the scale, the smallest shares were observed in Luxembourg, (4.4%), Germany (4.5%) and Sweden (4.8%).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » About 40 Bulgarians Working in Italy Have Returned to Bulgaria
- » 41 Years since the Flight of the First Bulgarian Austronaut Georgi Ivanov
- » DW: Billions Mark Good Friday in Isolation
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny wit Daily Temperatures up to 25C
- » Bulgaria Launcheс a Single Coronavirus Information Portal
- » Bulgaria: 624 Cases of Coronavirus, 54 Recovered