Bulgaria - One of the EU Countries with the Highest Shares of Total Revenue from Environmental Tax
In 2018, environmental tax revenue in the European Union (EU) totalled €324.6 billion, a 3% increase in nominal terms from the previous year and 49% higher than in 2002, Eurostat reported.
Energy taxes accounted for the largest share (77.7%) of the EU’s 2018 environmental tax revenue, followed by transport taxes (19.1%), and pollution and resource taxes (3.3%).
The contribution from environmental taxes to total government revenue from taxes and social contributions varied significantly across EU Member States in 2018, with the highest shares recorded in Latvia (10.9%), Bulgaria (9.8%), Greece (9.5%), Slovenia (9.4%) and Croatia (9.3%).
At the other end of the scale, the smallest shares were observed in Luxembourg, (4.4%), Germany (4.5%) and Sweden (4.8%).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 685 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Events: Interfood & Drink Expo in Sofia, Bulgaria with significant Italian presence
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 721 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: What are the Versions about the Explosion at "Arsenal" Weapons Factory
- » Bulgaria: More Free Wi-Fi Zones in Sofia’s Parks
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Nearly 1,000 New Cases in the Last 24 hours