Bobov Dol TPP Executive Director Charged with Mismanagement of Hazardous Waste
The executive director of Bobov Dol Thermal Power Plant (TPP) has been charged with mismanagement of hazardous waste, said the Appellate Prosecutor's Office – Sofia, quoted by Focus News Agency.
On 16 January 2020, Dupnitsa District Prosecutor's Office received a tip-off alleging illegal waste incineration at the Bobov Dol TPP. The plant's facilities and storage sites were inspected. Pre-trial proceedings were instituted for a crime under Art. 353c, para. 1 of the Criminal Code.
In the course of the investigation, witnesses were questioned and the environmental parameters were measured by the mobile laboratories of the Ministry of Environment and Water.
The investigation found enough evidence to press charges against the executive director. He was released on bail set at BGN 30,000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 80% of Bulgarians do not Know their Country’s Position on the "Green Deal"
- » Entrepreneurs: Bulgaria’s Edible Cups
- » Brussels will Support Bulgaria if it Decides to Complete Nuclear Power Plant “Belene”
- » Bulgaria: The Price of Sunflower Oil is Expected to Decrease
- » Frans Timmermans: We will Ensure that the Transition in the Coal Regions is Done Fairly
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister: We Will Close the Coal Power Plants in 2038 at the Earliest