The Car Market in China Collapsed due to the Coronavirus
Passenger car sales in China plummeted 92% YoY in the first 16 days of February, as the coronavirus epidemic caused most business across the country to cease operations, according to data from the Chinese Passenger Car Association (CPCA), BNR reported.
China’s passenger vehicle sales recorded 4,909 units in the first 16 days, down from 59,930 vehicles in the same period a year earlier, CPCA data show.
"Very few dealerships opened in the first weeks of February and they have had very little customer traffic," according to a statement from the China Passenger Car Association.
These are the first significant data that show how hard the coronavirus epidemic has hit the world's largest car market.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Dr. Boyko Takov, Executive Director BSMEPA: There is no Universal Economic Cure for all Companies
- » 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- » France is Expecting its Worst Recession Since World War II
- » The ViruSafe App Can Now be Downloaded for Free
- » Pernod Ricard Donates Large Quantities of Pure Alcohol for Production of Hand Sanitizers to Support Global Fight against COVID-19
- » Apple has Manufactured more than 20 Million Medical Masks