The Car Market in China Collapsed due to the Coronavirus
Passenger car sales in China plummeted 92% YoY in the first 16 days of February, as the coronavirus epidemic caused most business across the country to cease operations, according to data from the Chinese Passenger Car Association (CPCA), BNR reported.
China’s passenger vehicle sales recorded 4,909 units in the first 16 days, down from 59,930 vehicles in the same period a year earlier, CPCA data show.
"Very few dealerships opened in the first weeks of February and they have had very little customer traffic," according to a statement from the China Passenger Car Association.
These are the first significant data that show how hard the coronavirus epidemic has hit the world's largest car market.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Director of Hospital: More and More Young People and Children Suffer a Severe COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators Expect a Difficult Winter Season
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria is Starting to Rise
- » Bulgarian Financier and TISP MP: The "Green Certificate" can Slow Down the Economy
- » Bulgarian Prof. Glomb: There is No Point in Antibody Tests
- » Bulgarian GPs will be Able to Prescribe Free Prescriptions to Patients with COVID-19