Russia Bans Imports of Chinese Meat Products
Russian authorities have banned imports of animal products from China to Russia today, as well as Chinese national visits to the country, Izvestia newspaper reported.
According to the publication, it is no longer possible for travellers to import meat products from China into their hand luggage.
The measure is taken because of the Coronavirus and the ASF.
Earlier, Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin signed a decree prohibiting Chinese citizens from entering Russia for tourism, business and private purposes since February 20. The restriction will not affect passengers passing through Russian airports.
The Russian government has closed sections of the border with the PRC in the Far East and restricted passenger traffic through the border points with Mongolia. Air traffic with China was stopped, except for Aeroflot flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong. On February 3, the Russian Railways also stopped railway communication with China.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The G7 will Oppose China with Investments
- » NATO to Increase its Rapid Reaction Force and will Double its Military in Eastern Europe
- » Day 124 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Battle of Lysychansk Continues, Zelensky wants More Weapons
- » Default: For the First Time in a Century, Russia has Not Repaid its Government Debt in Foreign Currency
- » Day 123 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Kyiv, Widodo will meet Zelensky and Putin
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal