Turkey will Support Fayez al-Sarraj's Government if the Talks on Libya Fail
Turkey will continue to support the Government of Fayez al-Sarraj's national agreement in Libya if the reach a settlement in the North African country fails. This was stated by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who spoke to his party members in parliament, TASS reported.
“I want to specifically mention that the EU does not have the right to make any decision concerning Libya,” Erdogan said. “The EU is trying to take charge of the situation and interfere.”
“You have no such authority,” Erdogan said, addressing the EU. He made the comments during a speech to legislators from his ruling party in Parliament.
“At the moment, the legitimate government based in Tripoli has withdrawn from the (negotiating) table and this is a positive decision, it is a rightful decision, it is the right decision,” Erdogan said.
He added that Turkey would continue the Tripoli-based government to “establish dominance” over the whole of the country, 660 News reported.
The second round of meetings of the 5+5 Libyan Joint Military Commission (involving five representatives of the parties to the conflict) began on Monday in Switzerland. The first round of negotiations took place in Geneva on February 3-8
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Мatch for Ukraine is decided between Washington and Moscow
- » Day 277 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Heavy Snowfall leaves Millions of Ukrainians without Electricity and Heating
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Day 276 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Six Million Households remain without Electricity
- » China reports Third Consecutive Daily Record for New COVID-19 Cases
- » Musk will endorse DeSantis in the 2024 US Presidential Election