Turkey will Support Fayez al-Sarraj's Government if the Talks on Libya Fail
Turkey will continue to support the Government of Fayez al-Sarraj's national agreement in Libya if the reach a settlement in the North African country fails. This was stated by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who spoke to his party members in parliament, TASS reported.
“I want to specifically mention that the EU does not have the right to make any decision concerning Libya,” Erdogan said. “The EU is trying to take charge of the situation and interfere.”
“You have no such authority,” Erdogan said, addressing the EU. He made the comments during a speech to legislators from his ruling party in Parliament.
“At the moment, the legitimate government based in Tripoli has withdrawn from the (negotiating) table and this is a positive decision, it is a rightful decision, it is the right decision,” Erdogan said.
He added that Turkey would continue the Tripoli-based government to “establish dominance” over the whole of the country, 660 News reported.
The second round of meetings of the 5+5 Libyan Joint Military Commission (involving five representatives of the parties to the conflict) began on Monday in Switzerland. The first round of negotiations took place in Geneva on February 3-8
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Urgent Warning: US Funds for Ukraine Depleting Rapidly
- » Essequibo Referendum: Venezuela's Landslide Vote Stuns Guyana and World
- » MEPs Rally in Vienna Against Austria's Schengen Block on Bulgaria and Romania
- » Day 649 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Klitschko Criticized Zelensky, Called for Honesty on the Situation in the Country
- » Bulgaria's Air Schengen Inclusion Nears Amid Constitutional Changes
- » At Least 11 Tourists Died after a Volcano Erupted in Indonesia