Syria's Aleppo Airport has Resumed Passenger Flights for the First Time since 2012
A Damascus passenger plane landed at Aleppo Airport,marking the resumption of flights between Syria's two largest cities for the first time since 2012, the Associated Press reported.
The flight carrying Syrian officials and journalists is a symbolic message from President Bashar Assad's government just days after government forces consolidated control of the northwestern province of Aleppo and conquered the last stretches of the M5 strategic highway linking Aleppo with Damascus. This highway was opened for the first time in eight years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Greece: Mandatory Masks in Closed Public Places Temporary Abolished
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse