Container with Ionising Radiation above the Norm Identified at Varna Port
A container with ionising radiation above the norm was identified at the port of Varna-West. Border Police and the Regional Health Inspectorate in Varna have been notified of the case, BNT reported.
There is no danger to the workers at the port.
The container full of scrap is placed on a special site.
Port authorities have said that two or three times a year, slight radiation from scrap containers happens to be detected. In such cases, a special procedure is triggered, the load is isolated on a special site and a specialised container handling company is called.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nightclubs Close for Two Weeks in Bulgaria's Capital Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Ban on Plan Operations, All Hospitals in Sofia Have to Treat COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: The Medical Association Urges for the Closure of Nightclubs and Stadiums
- » COVID-19: Polish President Duda Tests Positive
- » AstraZeneca Resumes US COVID-19 Vaccine Trial
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1589 New Cases, 1886 in Hospitals