EC lStarts Negotiations with Japan on the Exchange of Passenger Data
The EU Council announced that it supported the start of negotiations between the European Commission and Japan to conclude an agreement on the transfer and use of air travel reservation data.
Passenger data is personal information provided voluntarily and collected and stored by air carriers. This information includes the passenger's name, travel dates, routes, information about seats on the plane, luggage, contact with the passenger and how they paid for the ticket.
In the EU, the transmission and processing of this data serve to combat terrorism and serious crime. The EU has agreements to share such data with the US and Australia and is finalizing the agreement with Canada.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests