400 People were Detained during the Carnivals in Brazil
The carnival season in Brazil is in full swing, but besides the mood it also brings problems. 400 people were detained during the first weekend of the carnival in Sao Paulo. Many of them are minors.
Aside from the detentions, "45,017 vehicles were inspected, 24 weapons confiscated and 59.9 kilograms of drugs seized," a statement said.
Weapons and drugs were seized. During the event, local samba schools compete for the big title. Colorful processions are expected to bring $ 900 million to the Brazilian economy. The most famous carnival - the one in Rio de Janeiro - starts on Friday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Dr. Boyko Takov, Executive Director BSMEPA: There is no Universal Economic Cure for all Companies
- » 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- » France is Expecting its Worst Recession Since World War II
- » The ViruSafe App Can Now be Downloaded for Free
- » Pernod Ricard Donates Large Quantities of Pure Alcohol for Production of Hand Sanitizers to Support Global Fight against COVID-19
- » Apple has Manufactured more than 20 Million Medical Masks