400 People were Detained during the Carnivals in Brazil
The carnival season in Brazil is in full swing, but besides the mood it also brings problems. 400 people were detained during the first weekend of the carnival in Sao Paulo. Many of them are minors.
Aside from the detentions, "45,017 vehicles were inspected, 24 weapons confiscated and 59.9 kilograms of drugs seized," a statement said.
Weapons and drugs were seized. During the event, local samba schools compete for the big title. Colorful processions are expected to bring $ 900 million to the Brazilian economy. The most famous carnival - the one in Rio de Janeiro - starts on Friday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Future for Tourism Association Insists on Setting up Guarantee Fund for Customer Indemnity
- » Bulgaria’s Exports to Germany Grow to Record Highs Despite Pandemic
- » Bulgaria: Business and Government Strike Deal – Restaurants to Work at Half Capacity, Six Customers per Table Allowed
- » Tender Invited for Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Interconnector, 11 Companies Submit Bidding Documents
- » Bulgaria’s Minister of Labor: Support Measures Brought to Light Gray Sector Businesses
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Steady Increase of the Infections Compared to Last Week