Parliament in Paris has Begun Debates on the Controversial Pension Reform
French lawmakers on Monday started debating President Emmanuel Macron’s divisive plan to overhaul the pensions system, expected to be a several-month-long, fierce parliamentary debate, the Associated Press reported. According to the agency, the final vote after the legislative procedures in the National Assembly is not expected before the summer.
Changing and streamlining the retirement system, which is one of Macron's priorities, have been welcomed in recent months by anger from unions and have triggered street protests and the biggest transport strike in France for decades.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s First Lady Hospitalized with Cerebral Aneurysm
- » President Radev Convenes First Session of New National Assembly on April 15
- » Sensational Prognosis: President Radev Will Disband New Parliament on 13 May
- » Bulgaria: State Gazette Published Official Vote Results, 45th National Assembly’s First Session Scheduled for April 15
- » Bulgaria: GERB Will Propose Its Government Despite Slim Chances for Support
- » Putin Refuses to Talk to Zelenski as Tensions Between Russia and Ukraine Mount