Parliament in Paris has Begun Debates on the Controversial Pension Reform
French lawmakers on Monday started debating President Emmanuel Macron’s divisive plan to overhaul the pensions system, expected to be a several-month-long, fierce parliamentary debate, the Associated Press reported. According to the agency, the final vote after the legislative procedures in the National Assembly is not expected before the summer.
Changing and streamlining the retirement system, which is one of Macron's priorities, have been welcomed in recent months by anger from unions and have triggered street protests and the biggest transport strike in France for decades.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Parliament VP Calls for Sanctions on Turkey During December Summit
- » BGN 755 Million Allocated for Elderly Care under Reconstruction and Sustainability Plan
- » Bulgaria’s President: Next Cabinet Will Be in Extremely Hard Situation
- » Quote of the Day: How Little We know Bulgaria and Macedonia
- » Bulgaria under Partial Lockdown from Tonight, 27 November
- » Trump Moves Step Closer to Conceding Election