Parliament in Paris has Begun Debates on the Controversial Pension Reform
French lawmakers on Monday started debating President Emmanuel Macron’s divisive plan to overhaul the pensions system, expected to be a several-month-long, fierce parliamentary debate, the Associated Press reported. According to the agency, the final vote after the legislative procedures in the National Assembly is not expected before the summer.
Changing and streamlining the retirement system, which is one of Macron's priorities, have been welcomed in recent months by anger from unions and have triggered street protests and the biggest transport strike in France for decades.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece and Turkey to Resolve Their Disputes in Istanbul
- » PM of India Narendra Modi Addresses the United Nations General Assembly
- » PM Borissov at UN summit: Bulgaria Is Ready To Do Its Part. It Is Time For Action
- » Morocco: Meeting Between EC Vice-President Borrell and the Minister of Foreign Affairs Bourita
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Will Participate in 75th Session of UN General Assembly
- » Emergency Situation in Bulgaria May Be Extended By Another Two Months