IMF: Inequality in Bulgaria Keeps Growing
According to Jaewoo Lee, Head of the IMF mission for Bulgaria, inequality in this country keeps growing, BNR reported.
As a measure to provide more resources for social spending, the Fund proposes increasing the maximum social security income without eliminating the flat tax of 10%. IMF experts, who have been in Bulgaria since February 4, have held a series of meetings with government officials, BNB experts, business and non-governmental organizations. The fund assessed the stability of the financial system and the state of the economy in 2019, announcing that stable, albeit more moderate economic growth is expected in 2020, as well.
Meanwhile, the National Statistical Institute announced that annual inflation in January was 4.2%, with a rise in prices marked in almost all goods and services.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 78% of Bulgarians are Ready to Sacrifice some of their Human Rights to Deal with the Coronavirus
- » Bulgaria - One of the EU Countries with the Highest Share of Elderly Population
- » There are 618 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Vice President: More than Ever, we Need Unity - Bulgarians in Bulgaria and Bulgarians around the World
- » COVID-19 Casualties in Spain are Now over 15,000
- » Herro Mustafa: Bulgarian Medical Professionals and Community Volunteers have Shown Remarkable Strength