PM Borissov: Bulgaria has Consistently Supported NATO European and Euro-Atlantic Prospects
NATO is the most successful political and military alliance in history, existing for over 70 years. It guarantees the security of its countries and people by constantly adapting to the new security challenges, Prime Minister and GERB Chair Boyko Borissov said in Munich at the Transatlantic Forum, organised by the Christian Social Union, the GERB’s press office said.
NATO remains a major forum for political consultation and cooperation between Europe and North America, Prime Minister Borissov noted. "Despite some disagreements, the allies have always demonstrated an ability to unite around the key task of protecting and guaranteeing the security of people," the prime minister said. In his words, the transatlantic bond is crucial to defending the common values, security and prosperity. "NATO remains the foundation of Bulgaria's and Europe's security and defence," Prime Minister Borissov said.
He further said that Bulgaria works actively and consistently with the U.S. for the development of the Bulgarian Armed Forces, their modernisation, combat readiness, mobility and interoperability with NATO standards. In the context of its strategic partnership with the U.S., Bulgaria is ready to work for the development of mutually beneficial industrial cooperation and technology exchange, the prime minister pointed out.
"NATO and the EU should keep their attention on the developments in the Western Balkans. Bulgaria has consistently supported their European and Euro-Atlantic prospects," he said, adding that this was crucial to the security, stability and future of the region, strategically important for the Euro-Atlantic community.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus