Scientists Have Developed a Device for Rapid Coronavirus Diagnostics
Scientists in Hong Kong have developed a portable device for rapid coronavirus diagnostics, South China Morning reports.
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology team began work on the development on January 20 and a week later the device was ready.
The principle of operation is based on the analysis of a sample taken from the patient's nasal cavity. Diagnosis of 8 samples can be performed at a time.
The device meets EU export requirements and is already in use by specialist centers in Xinjiang and Guangzhou. The device is suitable for use by customs officers, border guards and quarantine staff.
Macao University scientists have also developed a device for rapid coronavirus diagnostic that can identify, within 30 minutes, whether a person is infected with a coronavirus, even at an early stage of the disease.
The device is designed to diagnose the presence of various types of viruses, including HIV and hepatitis B, as well as coronavirus, and is called Virus Hunter. The device can be completely finished in 1-2 months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Who Were in Contact with Covid, May Be Six Times above Official Figures Says Survey
- » Most Bulgarians Are Afraid to Report Corruption Shows Survey
- » Italian Guardia di Finanza Seize 6 Tonnes of Hashish on US Flagged Yacht with 3 Bulgarians on Board
- » EU Declares Bulgaria Green Zone on Continent’s Morbidity Map
- » Three People Injured in Shooting in Central Berlin on Monday
- » Kyustendil Police Seized 16 kg of Heroin in Private House