Series of Earthquakes within Minutes in Turkey
Five earthquakes took place in just five minutes in the western Turkish district of Manisa today, Turkish NTV reported, quoted by BTA.
The strongest earthquake was of magnitude 4 on the Richter scale and occurred early in the morning in the area of Akhisar at a depth of 7 km. Just for several minutes, the Istanbul-based Candilli Seismological Observatory registered four more earthquakes.
On January 24, the eastern Turkish district of Elazig was stuck by a strong 6.8 magnitude earthquake, which killed 41 people and injured 1,600.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Five Climbers Die in Elbrus, Europe's Highest Peak in Russian Caucasus
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny Today with Maximum Temperatures 21°-26°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy and Little Sun Today
- » Unprecedentedly Powerful Earhquake Rocks Australia, Causes Damages in Melbourne
- » Air Pollution Kills 14,000 Bulgarians Every Year
- » Bitcoin Mining Generates Waste comparable to e-waste produced by The Netherlands