A Code Yellow Warning for Snow, Ice and Wind Issued for 9 Bulgarian Regions
A Code Yellow warning for snow, ice and wind has been issued for 9 Bulgarian regions on 6 February, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) said on its website. The warning ice and wind is in place for the regions of Ruse, Targovishte, Razgrad, Shumen, Varna, Dobrich, Burgas, Silistra and Sliven. These areas will see snow and strong mostly north winds today, blizzards expected, too. In the afternoon, the conditions are expected to ease up.
A Code Orange warning for high winds and rough sea has been issued for Dobrich, Varna and Burgas. Meteorologists have forecast winds at a speed of 20-24 m/s (9 Beaufort), with gusts of 25-30 m/sec (10-11 in Beaufort). Sea state code: 4-5.
Map Source: NIMH
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand