When will the Third Sofia Metro Line be Launched?
The third underground line in the capital Sofia will be completed in May, Eng. Stoyan Bratoev, Executive Director of Metropolitan EAD, said on February 4 in BNT’s breakfast show.
We are currently in the first stage of construction of the third underground line. It is 8 km long with 8 stations. Five of them are scheduled to be launched in May. We hope to shorten this time a bit, but there will be no serious deviation, he added.
The second phase, which includes the Eagles Bridge stations, Behind the Canal Theater and the first one of Vladimir Vazov, will be completed three months later.
In the late autumn, we think that the Ovcha Kupel section will be launched. A total of 12 km with 12 underground stations, he said.
- » 354 COVID-19 Infected in Bulgaria
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures between 17C and 22C
- » 338 COVID-19 Infected in Bulgaria, 8 Death Cases
- » Sixth Coronavirus Victim in Bulgaria, the Number of those Infected has Reached 331
- » On Sunday, March 29, Bulgarians will Move to the Daylight Saving Time
- » Bulgaria: Second Death from COVID-19 in the Last 24 Hours