BNR: Investments in Bulgarian Gaming Industry on the Rise
Bulgaria is not only a place for outsourcing services in the gaming industry as it was 10 years ago, but it is also establishing itself as a place of creation of new products, BNR reported.
Over 1000 mostly young people are already employed in the sector and world-renowned companies have set up studios in Bulgaria. This country is trying to overtake Romania, which is the Balkan leader in entertainment electronic games. Over 2/3 of Bulgarian gaming business is concentrated in Sofia.
In Europe the gaming industry reaches averagely 5% of the economy of big cities, but in the Bulgarian capital city it is 8%. For the period from 2008 to 2015 the growth of the branch in Sofia is 123%. In Europe alone, the game industry's turnover is around € 20 billion a year, with a global turnover of € 90 billion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 9% VAT for Restaurants, Books and Children's goods in Bulgaria
- » PM Boyko Borrisov: How Difficult it is to Build a Bridge and How Fast You Cross It
- » Turkey Will Resume Flights to Bulgaria as of June 10
- » 9 Years Old Boy From Kenya Receives an Honor Award for His Creativity
- » Sofia in 30th Place in Terms of Rising Property Prices
- » 3,500 Tests for COVID-19 to Ensure the Safety on Bulgaria's South Black Sea Coast