RIA Warns Drivers about an Abrupt Change in Weather which will Bring Cold and Snow
An abrupt change in weather will bring cold and rain tonight. In western Bulgaria and the Pre-Balkans, the temperature drop will turn the rain to snow, said the press office of the Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA).
Meteorologists forecast significant snowfall in the Rhodope Mountains tonight, on Wednesday night in northeastern Bulgaria, as well. The strong wind in eastern Bulgaria could cause blizzards and snowdrifts.
The Road Infrastructure Agency is urging motorists to set off with vehicles prepared for winter conditions, to drive at a speed adjusted to the road conditions, avoid risky behaviours, and not overtake snow removal vehicles.
All road support companies are on standby, ready to clear and treat the national roads and keep them passable in winter conditions. To ensure traffic safety, separate road sections will be closed for treatment with chemicals or abrasives, and where necessary, traffic might be stopped altogether due to strong winds and snowdrifts, until the weather conditions improved and the road is cleared.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow Code for High Temperatures in Some Regions of Bulgaria
- » World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed in Botswana
- » How to Prepare for Vacation in Bulgaria?
- » Overfishing Poses Serious Hazard to Black Sea Fish Populations
- » Greece Sets Daring Experiment – Whole Aegean Island Goes Completely Green
- » European Environment Agency Released Beaches and Bathing Water Ranking: Where Is Bulgaria?