Protest in Sofia against the Ratification of CETA
A protest against the ratification of CETA - the trade agreement between Canada and the European Union.
The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) is a free-trade agreement between Canada and the European Union. It has been provisionally applied, thus removing 98% of the preexisting tariffs between the two parts.
The idea of the texts is to eliminate customs tariffs on most goods and services. According to the organizers, however, this has opened up the possibility of importing GMO products.
The protesters will gather in front of the National Assembly. Traffic problems are possible.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cooked Carrots Can Trigger Allergic Reactions
- » Earthquake in the Aegean Sea with a Magnitude of 5.3
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 80: No Tension, Meeting-Concert Scheduled for Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 169 Newly Registered Cases
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Day 79 Passed Without Escalation of Tension
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 255 Newly Registered Cases, 19828 Total