Dozens of Children Died Trampled during a Stampede at a School in Kenya
At least 13 students died trampled during a stampede at a primary school in western Kenya, Kakamega, AFP reports.
An investigation into what caused the panic among students is underway.
"Those who survived said they were running because there were teachers who beat them (as punishment), that's why they escaped and fell on top of each other. ", a child's mother said.
The children concerned are mostly fifth graders, aged between 10 and 12 years.
According to the Kenyan Red Cross, 39 children have been accommodated for treatment, while St. John's Hospital in the city has said that fatalities are actually 14 and at least 50 were injured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Greece: Mandatory Masks in Closed Public Places Temporary Abolished
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse