About 3,500 People were Evacuated in Venice because of a World War II Bomb
The Marghera Industrial Port in Venice's lagoon was evacuated as a 225 kg World War II-era bomb was defused and set to be exploded in the sea., the French press and DPA reported.
Some 3500 people living in the area were also evacuated.
The movement of ships, trains and buses was temporarily halted, and Venice International Airport stopped all flights for several hours.
The bomb was discovered during an excavation to fix sewer lines in January, The Local it reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 213 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Referendums Continue for a Second Day in the Russian-Occupied Regions
- » UN: War Crimes were Committed in Ukraine during the Conflict with Russia
- » Italy's Elections might Put in Power the most Right-Wing Government since World War II
- » Day 212 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Referendums on Joining Russia have started in 4 Ukrainian Regions
- » Russia Banned the Bulgarian Language in Occupied Ukraine
- » Day 211 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The World Reacts to Putin’s Mobilization