37 People have been Sentenced to Death for Terrorism in Egypt
An Egyptian court has sentenced 37 people to death convicted of terrorism today, Reuters reported.
One of them is a former officer of the Egyptian security force named Hisham al-Ashmawy, who was captured in the Libyan city of Derna at the end of 2018. He was transferred last May to Egyptian authorities by Libyan commander Khalifa Haftar.
Al-Ashmawyi's crimes include planning an attack near the border with Libya in 2014, killing 22 soldiers and attempting to kill a former interior minister in 2013. Al-Ashmawyi was the leader of the Egyptian militant group Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis based on the Sinai Peninsula.
It pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group in 2014, according to a statement from the Egyptian army.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » UK Reports over 11,000 COVID-19 Cases in 24 hrs, First Time in four Months
- » New York Celebrates End of Covid Restrictions with Fireworks
- » Biden Meets Putin in Geneva to Set "Predictable" Relationship
- » Israel Carries Out Strikes on Gaza after Fire Balloons Hit Its Territory
- » Putin Offers Exchange of Prisoners to Biden
- » Trump Is ‘bright personality’ and Biden Is ‘career man’, According to Putin