A Top Syrian Islamist has been Detained in France
A senior member of the Syrian Islamist group, Jaish al-Islam, has been detained in France and charged with war crimes and torture.
The man, born in 1988, is a former spokesman for the group and has been in France with a student visa under the Erasmus program. He was detained in Marseille.
He appeared before an investigating magistrate in Paris who charged him with torture, war crimes and complicity in forced disappearances, said the source.
Jaysh al-Islam is a coalition of hardline Islamist groups opposing the Damascus regime that have emerged during the Syrian civil war. Its members have been fighting Islamic State jihadists, but human rights activists have accused them of torture.
- » The Interior Ministry has no Information on an Investigation by the Spanish Authorities against PM Borissov
- » One of the Killed in the Shootings in the German city of Hanau is a Bulgarian Citizen
- » The Rapper Pop Smoke was Shot Dead
- » Ministry of Justice Asked the UAE for the Extradition of Vasil Bozhkov
- » 24 People were Killed in a Church Attack in Burkina Faso
- » A Record 5 Tonnes of Cocaine Seized in Costa Rica