Minister Goranov: BGN-EUR Exchange Rate Won't Change
After consultations with the political forces in parliament, Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov stated that until its entry into the Eurozone Bulgaria will not change the exchange rate of the Bulgarian Lev which is now pegged to the Euro at EUR 1 to BGN 1.95583, BNR reported.
Minister Goranov made this statement with regard to the fears that during the country’s time within the ERM II this fixed exchange rate could be altered. Bulgarian National Bank governor Dimitar Radev commented that, after his meetings with the individual parliamentary groups, he is optimistic that Bulgaria will enter the currency mechanism, and the Eurozone, with the exchange rate currently in place.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Goldman Sachs has lowered China's Growth Forecast for 2022 to 4%
- » Bulgaria: Annual Inflation in April was 14.4%
- » The EC Forecasts Inflation of nearly 12% for Bulgaria
- » How much have Incomes and Expenses Increased in Bulgaria in a Year
- » Bulgaria: Is Inflation Galloping?
- » Thanks to the Weapons for Ukraine, Bulgaria’s Exports Break All-Time Records