Will Canada Open an Embassy in Bulgaria?
Bulgarian Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Georg Georgiev has had talks in Ottawa with David Morrison, Foreign and Defense Policy Advisor to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. It was reported that lifting of short-stay visas for Bulgarians in Canada has opened up new opportunities for contacts between people and business, BNR reported.
The two agreed on the need for high-level political dialogue in order to strengthen bilateral partnerships. Morrison said Bulgaria has Canada's support in the process of joining the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. Mr. Georgiev has pointed out the need for opening a Canadian embassy in Sofia. Canada is the only G7 country that has no representation in Bulgaria, the guest said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus