1,850 Schools in Bulgaria Are in Flu Vacation in a total of 21 Bulgarian Regions
Twenty-one Bulgarian regions have been affected by this season’s flu outbreak and 1,850 schools and two kindergartens have suspended classes, said the press office of the Ministry of Education and Science.
As of today, a flu epidemic has been declared in the regions of Vidin, Veliko Tarnovo, Vratsa, Plovdiv, Silistra and Sliven. Schools will be closed until 5 February.
Classes have already been cancelled in the regions of Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Varna, Gabrovo, Dobrich, Kardzhali, Kyustendil, Montana, Pazardzhik, Pernik, Smolyan, Sofia-city, Sofia-region, Haskovo and Yambol.
In the Lovech and Razgrad regions, classes have been suspended only in selected schools: seven schools in Lovech and one school in Ostrovo village, Razgrad. Two kindergartens in the villages of Sushevo and Zavet, Razgrad, are also closed.
The remaining regions of Pleven, Ruse, Stara Zagora, Targovishte and Shumen have not seen an epidemic rise in flu incidence and classes continue as usual.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 161 New Cases on July 3, 5315 Total
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 18 Infected in a Tailoring Company in Krichim
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 165 Newly Registered Cases on July 2, 5154 Total
- » COVID-19 Update: 158 Newly Registered Cases in Bulgaria on July 1, Total: 4989
- » New "Animal" Virus Discovered in China
- » COVID-19 in Germany: Lockdown in Hard-Hit District