The EU is Ready to Help with the Return of Europeans from China
The EU is ready to help with the return of European citizens from China because of the new virus. This was announced by a spokesman for the European Commission, quoted by BTA. He stated that no EU Member State has so far requested the assistance of the Community institutions on this issue.
According to the spokesman, the EU can assist in the transfer of medicines and health aids between countries in the Community, as well as to provide research tools for infection or thermal imaging cameras.
The EC added that it could participate in the cost-sharing of human and technical transport as long as EU countries request such assistance under the civil protection mechanism. Tomorrow, the commissioners will discuss the situation with the spread of the virus at their regular weekly meeting.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgaria has Officially Applied for the Eurozone
- » Eurostat: The Highest Rate of Severe Material Deprivation is in Bulgaria