PISA Survey: Many Young Bulgarians Prefer to Work in the Services Sector
Many young Bulgarians graduating secondary school do not want to work in industry, but prefer the services sector. Their choice of profession is to be automechanic, hairdresser, chef or police officer but not financier, research scientist or entrepreneur, BNR reported.
This is indicated by a PISA world survey conducted for the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in 2018. No explanation is given as to why the choice of young Bulgarians falls on such professions. The massive changes on the labour market and the new professions have made practically no impression on young people in Bulgaria. With one exception – one in six boys wants to work in IT, but that does not apply to girls.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Temperatures Up to 29 °
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 189 Newly Registered Cases in 6042 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 71: Protesters Demand the Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva - Speaker of the National Assembly
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » Bulgaria: Eight Teachers from Sofia's School Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Saints Sophia, Faith, Hope and Love