PISA Survey: Many Young Bulgarians Prefer to Work in the Services Sector
Many young Bulgarians graduating secondary school do not want to work in industry, but prefer the services sector. Their choice of profession is to be automechanic, hairdresser, chef or police officer but not financier, research scientist or entrepreneur, BNR reported.
This is indicated by a PISA world survey conducted for the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in 2018. No explanation is given as to why the choice of young Bulgarians falls on such professions. The massive changes on the labour market and the new professions have made practically no impression on young people in Bulgaria. With one exception – one in six boys wants to work in IT, but that does not apply to girls.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 9: Sunny and Hot, Temperatures Up to 33 Degrees
- » Daily Record: 240 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 6342 Total