The US Senate Approved the Rules for Trump's Impeachment Process
The US Senate has approved the rules under which the impeachment process against President Donald Trump will take place, according to world agencies.
The rules were approved by a party-line vote - the resolution was passed with the support of 53 Republicans in the upper house of Congress, and the other 47 senators (45 Democrats and two independent senators) voted against.
The vote marked the end of the first day of the Senate process yesterday. It ended just after midnight today.
The Senate (by 53 - 47 votes) rejected Democrats' proposals to call a number of witnesses, including Presidential Chancellor Mick Mulvaney and former Trump National Security Advisor John Bolton.
The impeachment process will be resumed today at 1pm (8pm Bulgarian time).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » What are the Early Results of the "Referendums" in Occupied Ukraine
- » Medvedev: If Moscow is Forced to use Nuclear Weapons in Ukraine, NATO will Not Retaliate
- » Day 216 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Fighting Continues on the Last Day of “Referendums” in Occupied Regions
- » At least 76 Victims of the Protests in Iran
- » 17 are the Victims of Yesterday's Shooting in Russia
- » Putin denounces "Inhuman Terrorist Attack" at Russian School