The US Senate Approved the Rules for Trump's Impeachment Process
The US Senate has approved the rules under which the impeachment process against President Donald Trump will take place, according to world agencies.
The rules were approved by a party-line vote - the resolution was passed with the support of 53 Republicans in the upper house of Congress, and the other 47 senators (45 Democrats and two independent senators) voted against.
The vote marked the end of the first day of the Senate process yesterday. It ended just after midnight today.
The Senate (by 53 - 47 votes) rejected Democrats' proposals to call a number of witnesses, including Presidential Chancellor Mick Mulvaney and former Trump National Security Advisor John Bolton.
The impeachment process will be resumed today at 1pm (8pm Bulgarian time).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Euro Ombudsman: EC hides Correspondence between Von der Layen and Pfizer
- » Lavrov: Russia does not want War with Ukraine
- » Lukashenko: War is Possible only if Belarus or Russia are Attacked
- » Croatian Minister: The President Embarrassed us in front of Bulgaria and Ukraine
- » Biden-Zelensky Conversation did Not go Well
- » NATO is considering Deploying Troops in Slovakia