Pompeo to Mitsotakis: Greece is a Major US Ally
The United States considers Greece a major ally and participant in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Balkans, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo wrote to Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, cited by BGNES.
“We consider Athens a key ally and a crucial player in the Eastern Mediterranean as well as the Balkans,”, the letter stated.
Mitsotakis's recent visit to the United States was "was a clear reaffirmation of the close ties and cooperation between our two countries," the letter said.
Athens is a key ally and major player in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Balkans. The United States will continue to support the prosperity, security and democracy in Greece, Pompeo wrote, reiterating the position that Washington views Athens as a leader in Europe.
The US is closely monitoring the developments in the region and believes that anyone with an interest in the Eastern Mediterranean should seek a peaceful solution and "to avoid provocative actions and declarations that may be considered provocative."
Pompeo reiterates that the United States does not want escalation of tensions in the region, but candid dialogue that will lead to outcomes that respect international law,
In his letter, he also mentioned the signing of a defense cooperation agreement between the two countries and reiterated Trump's position that relations between the US and Greece are special.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack