Former Interpol Chief Sentenced to more than 13 Years in Prison for Corruption
Former Interpol chief Chinese Meng Hongwei was sentenced to 13 years and 6 months for corruption, world agencies cited, citing Chinese justice.
Country’s first head of policing agency abused his previous positions in China to receive US million in bribes between 2005 and 2017, Chinese court rules, South China Morning Post reported.
Meng, who was formerly China's deputy minister of state security, was also sentenced to pay a fine of 2 million yuan (about 260,000 euros), according to a trial at Tianjin No 1 Intermediate People’s Court. It says Meng accepts the verdict and will not appeal.
In March 2019, Meng was expelled from the Chinese Communist Party and removed from all official posts
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia