Italian PM Giuseppe Conte: EU May Send Troops to Libya
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said could send troops to Libya to maintain peace after the ceasefire between the parties.
Conte visited Algeria on Thursday, where he met with President of the Republic of Abdelmadjid Tebboune, RIA Novosti reported.
"Sending troops to Libya is one of the possibilities we will consider. But we should try to direct the situation to a peaceful solution by comparing our positions.”, the prime minister told Italian reporters, referring to the agenda of the upcoming Libyan conflict conference, which will be held in Berlin on January 19th.
“Once the military option is set aside, the efforts to send mediation and peacekeepers to Libya will become an option. We can say that we are open to this.” Conte added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bomb Threats in 134 Schools in Serbia
- » Day 86 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky compares Situation in Donbas with "Real Hell", 1,700 Azovstal Troops Surrendered
- » UN: The War can lead to the Poverty of 90% of Ukrainians
- » Belarus Bans Orwell's 1984
- » Germany’s Chancellor Rejects Ukraine's Swift Entry into the EU - Deems it Unfair to the Balkans
- » Bush: The Invasion of Iraq was Brutal...I meant of Ukraine (VIDEO)