Italian PM Giuseppe Conte: EU May Send Troops to Libya
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said could send troops to Libya to maintain peace after the ceasefire between the parties.
Conte visited Algeria on Thursday, where he met with President of the Republic of Abdelmadjid Tebboune, RIA Novosti reported.
"Sending troops to Libya is one of the possibilities we will consider. But we should try to direct the situation to a peaceful solution by comparing our positions.”, the prime minister told Italian reporters, referring to the agenda of the upcoming Libyan conflict conference, which will be held in Berlin on January 19th.
“Once the military option is set aside, the efforts to send mediation and peacekeepers to Libya will become an option. We can say that we are open to this.” Conte added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 643 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Forces Breaking Through Defenses near Avdiivka
- » Hamas Released 11 Hostages - Israel Released 33 Prisoners
- » Lavrov Awaits OSCE Entry: Bulgaria's Airspace Decision in Focus
- » NATO Chief: Ukraine Managed to Get Back Half of the Lands Captured by Russia
- » Day 642 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Winter Storms Hit Crimea and the Rest of Ukraine
- » Ethnic Inclusion Debate: Macedonian Court Supports Rights for Bulgarian Minority