Georgi Yanev, Alexander Alexandrov and Anelia Dukova Winners of the ISCT 2020 Squash Tournament
80 competitors from Bulgaria, Pakistan, Egypt, Romania, Spain and Greece began their squash year with an international tournament at the Fireball Sports Hall. After 305 games of tough battle, Georgi Yanev, Alexander Alexandrov and Anelia Dukova won gold medals in the respective categories.
The International Squash Challenge Tournament (ISCT) was held on Saturday 11.01 under the auspices of the Embassy of Pakistan and with the support of Isostar, Tecnifibre, Karakal and Multisport. The players at the tournament were greeted at the inauguration ceremony with bread, salt and honey, and Ambassador of Pakistan Mr. Marwan Alex Ayash welcomed the participants, "Welcome to the ISCT 2020 tournament, an initiative of the Embassy of Pakistan and the Fireball Sports Hall. Squash is a sport with serious traditions, especially in my home country, which has been at the top of the sport for decades. I am glad that squash is gaining popularity in Bulgaria as well and we can hold such a large-scale event."
The ISCT tournament also had a charity initiative. Funds from the donation campaign will be channeled by For Our Children Foundation to families in need in Bulgaria.
More information and photos can be found on Fireball.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macedonian Football Fans Booed the Bulgarian Anthem but Lost the Match in the End
- » What Table Games can you find at the Best Casino Online in Canada
- » Bulgaria: World Title for the Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble in Sofia
- » First Medal for Bulgaria at the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships
- » How to Choose an NFL Sports Betting Site
- » EuroBasket: Bulgaria Defeated the Host Georgia