Brazil Builds New Antarctica Base for $ 100 Million
Brazil showed its new base in Antarctica. The $ 100 million project replaces the previous compound was destroyed after an explosion and deadly fire almost 8 years ago.
The modern facility covers an area of 4,500 square meters and has 17 laboratories, a helicopter site, as well as living space.
It is envisaged that the base can accommodate 65 people at a time. Researchers will conduct studies, monitor the melting of glaciers and analyze climate change.
- » Chinese Authorities have Temporarily Banned Wuhan Residents from Leaving the City
- » The UK is Ready to Leave the EU on January 31st
- » The Bad Weather in Spain Took the Lives of 10 People
- » Canada Court Fines Volkswagen €135 Million
- » Elon Musk Wants to Move 1 Million People to Mars
- » President Putin: Russia Needs Strong Presidential Power