Brazil Builds New Antarctica Base for $ 100 Million
Brazil showed its new base in Antarctica. The $ 100 million project replaces the previous compound was destroyed after an explosion and deadly fire almost 8 years ago.
The modern facility covers an area of 4,500 square meters and has 17 laboratories, a helicopter site, as well as living space.
It is envisaged that the base can accommodate 65 people at a time. Researchers will conduct studies, monitor the melting of glaciers and analyze climate change.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ekathimerini: Lockdown ‘Strongest Weapon’ Against Virus Surge in Athens
- » Bulgarians Can Now Travel to Italy Without Restrictions
- » Finland Opens Its Borders, 14-Day Quarantine for Bulgarians
- » Nepal: Record 2020 COVID-19 Cases in the Day After Lockdown was Lifted
- » Yoshihide Suga Elected as Japan Prime Minister
- » Trump Says Science Doesn't Know About Climate Change, He Does