The Impeachment Process against Trump is Likely to Begin on January 21
The impeachment trial of US President Donald Trump in the Senate is likely to begin on Jan. 21, said Republican House Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, cited by Reuters.
He suggested that some preparatory procedures would be completed this week.
The House of Representatives, controlled by Democrats today, will vote to bring the two indictments against Trump to the Senate - for abuse of power and obstruction of Congressional investigations.
However, the actual removal of the president is unlikely,, since it requires the votes of two-thirds of the senators. Trump Republicans have a Senate majority.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Zoran Zaev's Social Democrats Are Winning the Elections in Northern Macedonia
- » Bulgaria: Chief Tax Inspector Detained for Bribery
- » US to Impose Sanctions on the "Balkan Stream"
- » Protest in Bulgaria: PM Borissov Demands Finance, Economy and Interior Ministers to Resign
- » President Radev Demands Resignation of the Government and New Elections
- » PM Borissov Is Considering Five Options for the Future of the Bulgarian Cabinet