Angela Merkel will Host a Peace Conference on Libya
The world leaders' meeting will take place on Sunday in Berlin
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will host a peace conference on Libya, which will take place in Berlin on Sunday, the German government's office reported, quoted by the DPA and BTA as saying.
The conference was organized in coordination with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. Guterres and the UN Special Envoy for the country, Ghassan Salamé, lead consultations to find a peaceful solution to the conflict in Libya. The German government has said that representatives of the US, Russia, Turkey, the European Union and other countries will take part in the conference.
Libya's head of internationally recognized government, Fayez al-Sarraj and Libyan National Army commander Khalifa Haftar are also invited to participate.
Haftar left the Moscow conference without signing the prepared deal which was aimed at ending nine months of fighting around the capital.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » In 2024: Bulgaria will give up the Derogation for Russian Oil
- » The Expelled Priest: Bulgarian Priests have No Right to Serve in the Russian Church in Sofia
- » Greece confirmed its Support for Bulgaria's full Schengen Membership
- » PM Denkov after a meeting with Bulgaria’s New European Commissioner: For Schengen we are only Discussing December 2023
- » Bulgaria’s Consul in Zaporizhzhia turned out to be a Russian Collaborator
- » Russia wants Bulgaria to Reconsider its Decision to hand over S-300 Missiles to Ukraine