Angela Merkel will Host a Peace Conference on Libya
The world leaders' meeting will take place on Sunday in Berlin
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will host a peace conference on Libya, which will take place in Berlin on Sunday, the German government's office reported, quoted by the DPA and BTA as saying.
The conference was organized in coordination with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. Guterres and the UN Special Envoy for the country, Ghassan Salamé, lead consultations to find a peaceful solution to the conflict in Libya. The German government has said that representatives of the US, Russia, Turkey, the European Union and other countries will take part in the conference.
Libya's head of internationally recognized government, Fayez al-Sarraj and Libyan National Army commander Khalifa Haftar are also invited to participate.
Haftar left the Moscow conference without signing the prepared deal which was aimed at ending nine months of fighting around the capital.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » What are the Anti-Crisis Measures announced by the Bulgarian Government
- » Netherlands PM Mark Rutte is will Visit Bulgaria Today
- » Survey: If Bulgaria had Elections Today – GERB would Lead, Lack of Support for the Ruling Coalition
- » Bulgaria’s Deputy PM: Even with 300,000 Refugees, EU Money will Cover the Costs
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » American Planes will be Involved in the Protection of the Bulgarian Sky