Greek Authorities to Raise Pensions after Years of Cutbacks
A new bill submitted to parliament in January envisages new increase in pensions for pensioners in Greece.
Pension increases will range from 3% to 10% and affect pensioners who have more than 30 years of insurance coverage. The supplementary pensions for the freelancers and farmers will also increase by up to 48%.
The new social security reform should increase all pensions, which have been reduced to 1300 euros. The average increase will be with about of 99.5 euros.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva: Emergency Financing to 72 of the World’s Poorest Countries
- » Eurozone Agrees EUR 750 Million of Debt Relief Measures for Greece
- » Important Moments and Insights From the Bitcoin History
- » Summer 2020 Economic Forecast: Deeper Recession With Wider Divergences
- » EC and EIB Provide CureVac With a €75 Million Financing for Vaccine Development
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev and BICA Discuss How to Effective Invest EU Funds in the Bulgarian Economy