State of Emergency Declared in the Philippines
A state of emergency was declared today in the province of Batangas in the Philippines after the eruption of the Taal volcano, RIA Novosti reported.
Due to the danger of eruption, authorities began evacuating three settlements in Batangas province with a population of more than 80,000 people.
Manila International Airport was also closed.
The Philippines Civil Aviation Authority recommended that aircraft avoid airspace near the volcano.
- » 6,000 sq m of Low Forest Vegetation Burned Down near Skala Village
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures between 17C and 22C
- » On Sunday, March 29, Bulgarians will Move to the Daylight Saving Time
- » The 2020 Earth Hour will be Marked Online due the Covid-19 Pandemic
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy
- » Code Yellow Warning for Rough Seas