State of Emergency Declared in the Philippines
A state of emergency was declared today in the province of Batangas in the Philippines after the eruption of the Taal volcano, RIA Novosti reported.
Due to the danger of eruption, authorities began evacuating three settlements in Batangas province with a population of more than 80,000 people.
Manila International Airport was also closed.
The Philippines Civil Aviation Authority recommended that aircraft avoid airspace near the volcano.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Because of the Climate, the US Senate approved the "Biggest Investment in History"
- » Europe and the US in Sweltering Heat, 50 Degrees in Iraq
- » Over 1,000 killed in Spain's Heatwave
- » Bulgaria: The Weather will get Hotter in the coming days
- » Bulgaria: Extreme Danger of Fires Today
- » Temperatures are Dropping, Dangerous Weather in half of Bulgaria