Today is the Day of Bulgarian Cinema
On January 13, the Bulgarian film community celebrates its professional holiday. On this day in 1915, the first Bulgarian feature film "Balgaran is Gallant" was screened, so it is celebrated as a Day of Bulgarian Cinema.
The date has been approved since 2005, at the initiative of the National Film Center, for a professional holiday of the Bulgarian film community.
In 2017, the Strategy for the Development of Sofia - Creative City of Cinema 2017-2027 was adopted. The vision is to consolidate the city as Europe's leading hub for the film industry.
The celebration of the Bulgarian Cinema Day is part of the Calendar of Cultural Events of Sofia Municipality.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Are You Suffering from a Seasonal Allergy?
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 3614 New Cases, 147 Deaths
- » Bulgarian National Bank Releases New Gold Coin: Birth of Christ
- » Roman Furnace Almost 1,500 Years Old Unearthed in Bulgaria
- » Increasingly More Britons Need Help, Charity and Volunteers
- » Experts Warn: Covid-19 May Cause Deadly Immune Disorders