A Child Opened Shooting at a School in Mexico
A 12-year-old boy opened shooting at Cervantes College in the city of Torreón, north of Mexico City. Authorities have confirmed the death of the teacher and the attacker himself. Six people were injured, RIA Novosti reported.
Five students and one teacher have been admitted to a hospital, two people are in critical condition.
According to media reports the 12-year-old boy was armed with two guns — and possibly inspired by a violent video game. His father didn't know where he had taken the guns. The boy lived with his grandmother.
Authorities have ruled out the possibility of the child being bullied at school. According to eyewitnesses, the student apparently opened fire with both weapons after he failed to return from the bathroom after 15 minutes and his teacher went to look for him, according to Riquelme.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » SP's Office Summons PM Borissov over the Bobokov Investigation
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case
- » Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Geshev: Senior Officials Have Been Arrested in Anti-Drug Operations